David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Tuesday 5 March 2013

Byk Li's Chop House...

...opens in New Paddock City. A Battleflag MDF kit with Frontline resin furniture and a home made name board, Figures from Pulp Miniatures.










































There is a long story behind this building, but I won't bore you with the details right now. I bought it at Vapnartak, where the traders selling the Battleflag buildings had it labelled as the Newspaper Office. When I needed a missing part I discovered from Richard that it was meant to be a sample of a kit not yet released! Confusing!
As it is, New Paddock City already has a Newspaper Office, so I decided to kit it out as a Chop House ~ an excuse to use some lovely Pulp Miniatures Chinese too! I've ordered some tables and chairs from Dixon Miniatures, together with a set of his railway passengers to do duty as eager customers.
I really enjoy making up and kitting out these Battleflag buildings, so much so that I've now run out of room to store any more at present ~ a trip to WHSmith's for more boxes seems on the cards soon.

4 comments:

  1. Boy, I'd eat there. It's cleaner than some "real life" establishments I've seen.
    Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent, finished at last :-) Make mine a #163

    ReplyDelete