David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Monday 5 March 2018

The Pontifical Guard

The latest base of figures to join my part of our joint Italian Wars project is a unit representing the Pontifical Guard. The figures are by TAG and the flags by Pete’s Flags, via eBay. I chose a colour scheme for the figures loosely based on images of near contemporary members of the Guard, Robbie Rodiss’s rendition on his Aut Cesare blog, and the day to day wear of the modern iteration of the Guard ~

















Next to be completed should be a more vignette style base depicting some field artillery. I just have the basework to do on that and it’s finished. More later in the week on this I expect.

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for those kind foreign words!

      Delete
  2. Really lovely work, great sculpts, are the command TAG as well?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, though I take no credit for the sculpts. All the figures are from TAG, I think the Command Group come from the Conquistadors range though.

      Delete
  3. Yet another very fine stand David!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christopher, I’m really enjoying this project.

      Delete
  4. Great looking figures David. I really like the TAG figures. I also like the Foundry figure which was a more generic landsknect but with his halberd on his shoulder. So I ended up painting two units. You cant beat Pete for his beautiful standards. I look forward to more eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robbie. Next up is the completed light ordnance base.

      Delete
  5. The are rather nice...
    What I mean is they have nice uniforms...
    Because they might not be nice people...
    They might be a bit stabby.... ;-)

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You try hard, I’ll give you that Aly. Glad you liked them though despite the ‘humour’!

      Delete
  6. Looking forward to some action on this front.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be a good while away George!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Is that your coat by the door...?

      Delete
  8. Jolly nice work Plastered of Pendeford. I think TAG ranges are often overlooked & which is a bit of a shame as they have some very nice toys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that Jon. I have enjoyed these figures and you are right, they are overlooked. If you don’t advertise or go to shows though it’s hardly surprising is it?

      Delete